Become a Top Wedding Planner – Planning for Dog Ring Bearers
When you become a wedding planner, you may work with a couple who wants to have their dog participate in their wedding. It is not uncommon, many people consider their pets to be family members and it’s only natural that they include them in the most important day of their lives.
Here are some things to plan for when a bride and groom want to include their dog:
- If the wedding is indoors, make sure the site allows pets. Outdoor weddings may not be a problem as long as the dog stays on a leash.
- Ask the bride and groom to practice walking up and down an aisle with their dog. It should be a space that resembles the actual aisle at the wedding ceremony so the dog gets accustomed to what he needs to do.
- Make sure the dog has water, food, gets the walks that he or she needs and has a chance to go to the bathroom.
- Make arrangements for someone to take the dog home at the end of the ceremony.
- Be sure the rings on the ring bearer pillow are fake so there is no risk of the rings being lost, or worse, ingested.
Well-behaved pets can add an element of fun to wedding ceremonies. They can even be dressed in fancy collars or dog clothes that match the colors of the wedding.